Monday, April 1, 2013

Story of Thanksgiving Cataract Help

The week before Thanksgiving of 2009 I received a phone call from a girl named Sarah from Dr. Modi’s office. She was helping Dr. Modi participate in a Clinical Study. I am not sure how Sarah heard of me but I’m glad she did. I had become legally blind from cataracts on both eyes plus other health problems. She thought that if I qualified for her studies she might be able to help me even though I had no benefits or money. My health had forced me to resign my job. I went to Dr. Modi’s office for tests. Sarah called a couple of days later. She was sorry but my eyes were too bad to qualify for study participation. At least she tried to help me. 

A few days went by and Sarah called me again saying Dr. Modi wanted to see me. Sarah had brought my case to his attention. Dr. Modi said he did not think he could do anything about my health problems but he could help me with my eyesight. Dr. Modi offered to do my surgery and told me he was to get a surgical crew to help him. I was grateful to them all. Dr. Modi then called in his assistant and began to dictate a letter about my hardships saying “he was not going to let me fall through the cracks.”

His assistant faxed the letter to several agencies including a state assemblyman and a state senator. Dr. Modi said to me, “He would get personally involved if need be” However due to Dr. Modi’s intervention the agencies responded almost immediately and I received benefits that I had been fighting for over a year. Dr. Modi has returned my eyesight to the point that I now can drive a car and my health has gradually improved. Without Dr. Modi’s caring and the support of his staff I would not be here to celebrate another Thanksgiving!

Thank you, Dr. Modi and staff.


If you or someone you know has questions or concerns about cataract surgery please feel free to call Seeta Eye Centers and schedule an eye examination by calling 845-454-1025, visiting Seeta Eye Centers or facebook.com/seetaeyecenters

Seeta Eye Centers is conveniently located for patients from Westchester County, Rockland County and throughout the Hudson Valley, Dutchess County and Orange County including Poughkeepsie, Fishkill, Middletown, Kingston, New Paltz, Newburgh, Beacon, Bedford, Catskill, Cornwall, Eastchester, Ellenville, Florida, Goshen, Harriman, Harrison, Highland, Highland Falls, Kerhonkson, Mahopac, Monroe, Montgomery, Mount Kisco, New Rochelle, New City, Scarsdale, Saugerties, Spring Valley, Tarrytown, West Point, White Plains, Woodstock, Yorktown Heights and Yonkers, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment